I really am going to have to step this up. I'm not sure how I'm going to do that, but while one hundred words a day may get me in the habit of daily writing, it doesn't do nearly enough for moving along a story. I find that once I realize that I have passed the hundredth word that I shut it off, even if I am on a role. Maybe I should try getting up earlier and giving myself a certain amount of time. At night I am just rushing to get done so I can go to bed. I won't be starting that tomorrow since I am going in to the office so early, but maybe Friday morning I can do it. Hope everyone else is having some good writing.
R.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I agree with you, Riotimus. The 100 word goal ends up turning into permission to write ONLY 100 words sometimes. There have been many nights where the words are really flowing, and I'd actually like to continue. But it's late, I'm tired, and hey, I've written the required 100. So I turn it off. The real problem isn't the 100 word goal, though, it's making time to write more. I'm not sure how I can do that, since I feel my plate is crammed totally full already. Good luck in your own quest for more verbage.
Thank you for being here, and thank you for the encouragement. I think I am going to try getting up a half-hour earlier and see if the quiet morning hours don't spawn some brilliance. We'll see - I've planned on doing that before.
R.
Post a Comment